9.18.2012

065;; Sevenly

I have an extremely hard personality for most people to digest properly I think.
For the most part? I'm a bitch. Completely and utterly.
I have no desire to censor myself when I talk and I always speak my mind, even if it isn't the nicest thing in the world to say.
I tell you this - but I also have a confession to make.
I am a walking contradiction.
I feel bad about the slightest things, even though I pride myself on my brutal honesty.

Anyway... The original point of this post was for me to tell you guys about this amazing website called Sevenly.org!

I have a huge soft spot for helping people. My mum even says I do it too much.
However - I see absolutely no harm in looking good while supporting amazing charities on a weekly basis. None whatsoever.

Sevenly supports a new charitable organization every week with a kickass design that they use on their apparel. These are all limited runs of designs, and once that week is over... it's over. So not only are you getting major good fuzzy feelings from helping out people who are less fortunate than you, but you're going to be rocking a design that I can bet none of your friends will have. It also creates a great conversation starter to get more people aware!

I first read about this group of amazing people a few months ago when they were doing a donation week in support of Autism research. I'll admit that when I saw this design specifically I had just lost my job and didn't have the money to purchase anything, though I would have loved to. About three weeks ago though I had the thought to go check them out again... and the charity they were supporting was called All Girls Allowed. Let's just say it tugged on my heartstrings, which is evident with my two purchases from that week! Last week I also purchased a shirt in support of raising money to build classrooms in Guatemala. Every week with these new designs, for every product purchased, they donate $7 to that charity.

I have a feeling this week's charity will be pulling at my heartstrings also.

 


Make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment