7.04.2012

040;; Melt.

This entry might make you sick.


I quite literally think I have the sweetest boyfriend ever.




No, seriously.


I asked him to make me a "goals" list - kind of like a mini-bucket list. He's slightly ADHD, so I never expected it to be long or really super thought out && hey, I was even shocked he agreed.

I'm not going to post his entire list, but a few things on it were:
- Finish college (software engineering).
- Work to pay for trips to visit Sara (hey, that's me!)
- Get married.
- Live in Germany for a few years.
- Retire to Paris with Sara.

I never knew he wanted to live in Germany. We'd talked about it for our honeymoon, but not as a residence. I also didn't know he wanted to retire to Paris. I'm going to get to travel!

Sometimes I feel really silly for thinking about the future. I have always very much had a here & now mentality. Something about him though has me having all these girly daydreams about life and what it could be like.

I have absolutely never been the type of girl to worry about month to month markers in a relationship. Saturday was Dalton and I's three months as an official "couple". Even though I am pretty sure I secretly had a crush on him for the last 8 months. Denial. Maybe that's why he irritated me so much?
I never, ever planned any kind of "dream wedding" when I was growing up like all my friends.
I honestly didn't think anyone would want to marry me.
He tells me I'm beautiful when I wake up in the morning with my hair a million different directions and my eyeliner all smeared (or none at all). No one has ever done that.
When he says, "I want to marry you," - I actually believe him.
I did let it slip that I wanted a platinum ruby engagement ring, and unfortunately we both know he won't be able to afford that any time soon - but we did agree on a promise ring until then.


I absolutely can't wait to spend the week with him for my birthday.

P.S. - This is my blog, and this is definitely an entry more for me. I have no problem sharing it, but I know no one really cares. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment