7.07.2012

043;; It's interesting...

Something I never really thought I would be doing was blogging.

Sure, I've kept online journals before. I think I've had a journal at just about every site you can think of. Livejournal, deadjournal, greatestjournal, xanga, melodramatic, etc. etc.

Anyway, my point it... I never thought that I would be doing it again. It's somehow different though. I'm different. I want things I've never wanted before. I care about things I've never cared about before. Frankly, having a mass amount of followers doesn't really appeal to me. Sure, I'd love it to know that people are reading, but if they don't? That's okay too.

I haven't quite found where this blog belongs in the world of blogs. I don't know if I can commit to being an art blog (though it seems that's what the majority of my posts are). I don't want it to be just that though. I want this to be a place where I can be completely honest with myself, even if I may not want to be sometimes. I don't like editing what I type (aside from general spelling and stuff). I am obviously not a mother or a wife or a DIY-er though. So... how do I classify this? Can I even classify it? I guess I can say it's "me kind of blog"?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

One thing remains certain though... I'm about to embark on one of the biggest journeys of my (still) young life in two short months. I've lived on my own, yes. I have never lived an entire country away from my family though. I've never moved some place I've never even seen, on a prayer that I will love it. I'm trusting so many people right now and just letting them guide me (not something I've ever been good at, mind you).

I've lived in a sorority house for 2 semesters, but my home and family were 20 minutes away. I moved 3.5 hours away and into my own apartment, and cried on my first night alone. It sucked. I was excited and I was terrified.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to react when I drive across the country and unpack the very limited amount of personal belongings I'm allowed to take into some strange room in some strange building in some strange city. Let me not even get started on me not being able to bring my cats...

Anywho, pay no mind to these jumbled thoughts.

Just something that's been on my mind the past few days.

 
This is the aquarium on one of the piers in San Francisco, CA. I miss it...

1 comment:

  1. It's a good attitude to have. You write what you like. If people like it, great. If they don't, it doesn't matter. I have people email me asking how they can get more followers. First of all, my 120 is nothing (NOTHING!) in the scope of blogs. Secondly, be true to yourself. For some reason they want to become someone else to get followers. Sounds roughly equivalent to selling your soul to me...

    ReplyDelete