7.24.2012

055;; My thoughts right now.

Today would normally be my project52 post - but I'll do that tomorrow along with a recap from last week, also. 

I didn't write any specific post about the tragic Colorado shootings that happened on 7/20/12 because I really didn't know how to write a post about that. It didn't personally affect me, but at the same time it did. I didn't know any of the victims. I've honestly never even heard of Aurora, Colorado before it happened. Yet at the same time, I am utterly heartbroken at the event none the less. It hasn't really altered my day-to-day life, but I still think about it. I don't give the human race much credit because I honestly believe we've just turned into destructive beings, so things that happen like this don't surprise me, but I'm no less sympathetic towards the victims. It comes down to James Holmes being a very, very sick person  & he became a terrorist the moment he began planning to open fire on innocents. There's no question about that.

I have no time for terrorists. I don't care what possessed them to do what they did. All I care about is that they never, ever get the chance to do it again.

What sparked this post wasn't that I decided to chime in on the Aurora shootings... it was that today I was pleasantly surprised, and that doesn't seem to happen too often anymore.

Christian Bale responded to the requests to go visit the victim's of the shootings in Aurora, CO today. I'm really glad that he didn't go dressed up as Batman though. I honestly think that after the terrorist dressed up as the Joker, seeing another "superhero" costume might be pretty traumatizing.

photo courtesy of AMC Theaters (linked to their facebook).


"The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."  - Christopher Nolan

Oh, and I will be purchasing one of these shirts as soon as I get some money (hopefully this weekend) that ComicsPriceGuide.com is doing to raise money. They teamed up with artist Jeff Leiboff and are donating 100% of the proceeds to the cause. Go them!

I'm done ranting now. Thanks for listening. ♥

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing of him to do that! Love the CN quote. Really just a perfect explanation of everything that happened.

    ReplyDelete