6.17.2012

016;; Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the handsome daddies out there.

I always felt extremely out of place on this day when I was growing up. I didn't have the "typical" father's day. My mom has always been a single parent. For my safety and hers, we left my biological father out of the picture entirely. I don't know every detail of the situation, all I know is I don't need him.

My grandpa has been my father figure forever. I'm so thankful for him, too. He's been my rock and my protector through everything. I absolutely love that man so much. We've had our rough spots and our disagreements, but even those memories always ended really well.


My grandpa & grandma just celebrated their 50th anniversary, also.

It's strange to think that someday soon (not too soon, I hope, but within a decade yanno?) I'll be celebrating Father's Day a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment