6.20.2012

020;; Artist Inspiration: Martin Stavars

I know. I'm sorry! This is two days late now! I'm horrible.

I'm going to be really frank with you... I love this guy. He is amazing. He is a very nice guy and doesn't have that "I'm too good for you" attitude. Martin Stavars is probably one of the only architectural photographers I cannot get enough of. I've been envious of his talent and eye for cities forever. Okay, maybe not forever... but for at least 9 years. He is the reason I want to do architectural photography. Not even architectural, actually. Cityscapes.

I've never seen a colour photograph from him, and I honestly prefer it that way. There is something timeless that he adds to his images by the black and white or duotone colouring. I guess it's why I'm partial to old school darkroom printing too.

Anyway.. I could go on and on for a few pages of why I'm in love with his work - but I'll just let you see for yourself. :)


Want to see more of his work? Listed below are the most common places I see him update regularly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment