6.30.2012

036;; Things that make me happy..

I'm going to try to cap my week off with a post like this every week & maybe some art later in the day. I'm sure I've seen blog entries like this (I know Kaelah has a "Things I Love" Thursday post) but I'm going for it! What's life without inspiration after all, right?

______________________________________________________________


"Yes, please boycott Oreo for their support of Gay Rights. We’ll all appreciate you going on a diet. While you’re at it, please also throw away your iPod, iPhone, and iPad since Apple supports as well. Hopefully you have lots of clothes, because you’ll need to ditch your Levi’s and Nike’s too. Perhaps you bought them at … JC Penney’s or Sears? Sucks you’ll have to take them back … or actually, anything you wear from anywhere probably had a gay involved. Flying somewhere soon? Better not be on American, Delta, Southwest, or United…you’ll need a new ticket. Airline wasn’t mentioned? Just be sure your jet isn’t Boeing made. Don’t sleep at Marriott or Hilton (or any of their family brands) because you might catch the gay they support. That morning coffee from Starbucks will have to go as well, go ahead it replace it with a McCafe…oh wait, McDonald’s supports gay rights too. Hmm, do you clean with Tide, Gain, or Bounty? Use Duracell batteries, shave with Gillette, or use Fixodent? Brush with Crest, use Pantene, Scope, Tampax, Venus, or Old Spice products? Those are all gone too, stupid Proctor & Gamble supporting the gays. Damn, you’re using Internet Explorer or Chrome to see Facebook and read this status? Download something else, Microsoft and Google show their Pride as well. Ah, but your drinks are safe. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Budweiser are on your side … if your side is on the right side of history since all three also support Gay Rights. Hopefully, you or your lawyer will never need in-depth research. Both LexisNexis and Westlaw, who together control the market, support Gay Rights. Drive that big, manly, Ford F350? It’s a “Friend of Dorothy” too, as it’s company Ford and General Motors also support the rights of all. So, do us all a favor, don’t take it all out on a festive cookie … just stay home and boycott everything."

 
[ this picture ]

 
[ this upcoming book! ]

[ this ]

[ baby owl?! so this picture just made my life. you have to see the rest of the list. ] ♥


More things that make me happy...

Bengal kittens. I remember growing up and being extremely against this breed. Not because of them personally, but I just thought it was wrong for some reason. Trust me... this will be my next cat. I've never bought a cat before because I'm more of a sucker for rescuing - but I need one.

Moving to Portland, Oregon. The process of moving is stressful and exhilarating at the same time. I love going through all of my old things and donating/pitching/organizing. Things I haven't looked at in years I can finally let go of. This move is going to be a starting over journey for me, and one that I can't wait to take. I'm no longer attached to my things & I refuse to let them hold me back. For the first time since the Sigma Sigma Sigma house, I'll be living on student housing. One room. That's all I've got. No room for clutter! (I'm still very sad about not being able to take my cats, by the way.)

This website is probably my new best friend. Design Seeds is just so inspirational. Not even just for providing great colour palettes... but the images they choose to use!

The new Macbook Pro makes me drool. I'm 99.9% positive I will own one of these before I leave for school in September. Just saying.

After 7 years I heard from my cousin, Autumn. She's definitely been through some rough spots in her life, but I'm so happy and proud that everything is on track. She's got a beautiful 3.5 year old girl named Masi and I can't wait to meet her next Friday! Guess I should start cleaning my house. Hehe.


I think that's all for today. If I think of something pressing, I'll update. ♥




4 comments:

  1. So much love for that comic sans picture.

    That's great to hear about Autumn! Do tell her I say hello!

    xo bhrett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comic sans picture literally had me giggle for 10 minutes. It's genius.

      & I will text her tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I seriously NEED to know more about that Wonderland book!! I am obsessed with Alice's story. :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Alice-inspired artwork. If you google it you should be able to find more info on it. <3

      Delete